Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2013

ROME ON EVERY ROAD

On my street
Churches are like fleet
Same on church road
They are at every node

A dive
Into mission drive
Was like yell
In hell
'Praise the lord' from the east
'Alleluia' from the west
'The lord is good' from the north
'All the time' from the south
All at the same time
Tearing down my eardrums like I had committed a crime

Getting to my friend's lane
The story was like the previous plain
The first house was a church
The last, a worshiping perch

And as if that was not all
Our usual viewing hall
At the centre of the close
Behind my friend's enclose
Now bears a new name
Spreading Heaven's Aim and Mission on Earth (SHAME)

But with all this
Many lacks internal peace
Evil still reign supreme
Along the stream
A contradiction
Of an ideal situation
Still the house beside my home
Is about becoming another Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment