Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

FOR ME...NO TO MARRIAGE


I won’t embrace marriage
It’s nothing but a cage
I will remain single
No matter how long I mingle
For to remain a Miss
And live in peace
Is better than being a wife
With a battered life

I won’t embrace marriage
Not at any age
I will never marry
On this I will tarry
For it’s better to remain alone
With no broken bone
Than to be a Mrs.
Blending with punches

I won’t embrace marriage
Oh No! My mind I won't change
For I don’t want to end up like Patience
Or Endurance
Two lovely pets
Now accustomed to their husbands' belts

I won't embrace marriage
Until this brutal drainage
Sweeping through marriages in my land
Comes to an end

4 comments:

  1. This poem is not applicable to all marriages. Some one else being battered by her husband does not mean that everyone must be battered. Please change your tune so that other young women will not be scared away from marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not trying to scare anybody away from marriage...the sole aim is to encourage those who beat their wives to stop that act and those who aren't not to start...

      Delete
  2. Nice work my brother, keep the pen bleeding.

    ReplyDelete